2018 Yamaha AORC Rounds 1 & 2 Entries are Now Open for Gympie, QLD
January 30, 2018
|Motorcycling Australia (MA) wishes to advise that the entries for the Yamaha Australian Off-Road Championship (AORC) Rounds 1 & 2 at Gympie, QLD are now open. |
After an exciting 2017 season, AORC is back for 2018 in what is arguably the most anticipated season to date, and all the action kicks off at Gympie, QLD on March 10-11.
The action returns to Gympie after a successful round in 2017, which saw the riders enjoy the Queensland conditions and rank the track highly.
Josh Brierley echoed the riders thoughts; “The track was really good, It’s a really fun track with lots of jumps and tight bush sections,” said Brierley.
2018 will see last season’s E2 Champion, Daniel Milner move into the E3 class and try complete the elusive triple crown (E1, E2, E3 Championships), whilst his team-mate and last season’s E3 Champion, Lyndon Snodgrass will move into the E2 class.
Michael Driscoll and Jemma Wilson will be looking to go back to back in the EJ class and the Women’s Championship respectively. Wil Ruprecht will be back in 2018 looking to make it three Championships in three season’s.
A reminder the following has changed on the 2018 Supp Regs :
CHAMPIONSHIP CLASSES (See below)
– EJ: All powers (Rider must be under 18 years or under at 1 January 2018)
RIDING NUMBERS (See below)
– All number plates on all machines MUST comply with GCR 18.104.22.168 (Colours for Senior Classes only) and must not contain any decals or advertising other than the required
– Top 5 from E1, E2, E3, EJ and Women class from 2017 may use their finishing position for riding numbers, if racing in the same class they finished in the top 5 of.
– Any rider running their Top 5 class number will be required to run a background plate number code with their number: – E1 – B, E2 – Wh, E3 – Y, EJ – G, Womens – P
– All other riders will be required to use their state registered rider number for the AORC in 2018.
– State letters will be required on headlights – V=VIC, N=NSW, S=SA, W=WA, Q=QLD, T=TAS