The Future Is Looking Very Bright As Hutton, Phillips, Stephens, Yarnold, McDonald & Clarke Blitz Cherrabah
Every single time our Juniors never fail to bring the heat! Kicking off the 2022 Yamaha Australian Off-Road Championship presented by MXstore (AORC), our six Junior classes screamed across the Offroad Advantage test track.
Reigning supreme in first place was Harley Hutton (Yamaha Motor Australia) in J1, Mason Phillips in J2, Levi Stephens (True Painting, KTM Newcastle) in J3, Jett Yarnold (Supermoto New England, Yamaha Australia) in J4, Danielle McDonald (Yamaha JGR Ballard’s Off Road team) in JG and Cooper Clarke in JJ.
Over five laps on the Offroad Advantage test, Hutton remained the undisputed leader of J1. Setting the pace ahead of his competition, Hutton finished Round 1 with a total time of 57:09.887.
Another Hutton, this time Drake Hutton (Belle Property Samford Racing), took out second place with a total time of 1:04:20.564. The third and final podium was snagged by Noah Mickelborough (QB4, ATD Customs), who finished Round 1 with a 1:11:53.734.
2022 AORC J1 Top 5 Provisional Results:
- Harley Hutton (Yamaha Motor Australia) 57:09.887
- Drake Hutton (Belle Property Samford Racing) 1:04:20.564
- Noah Mickelborough (QB4, ATD Customs) 1:11:53.734
- Phoenix O’Brien (Inix Group, Montdami) 1:17:56.044
- Samuel Scott 1:25:16.127
Setting a crack pace in J2, Phillips kept ahead of the competition by nearly over a minute! Clocking in a total of 52:56.020, Phillips finished ahead of Marcus Nowland and James Chaille, who finished in second and third place, respectively.
Nowland clocked a total time of 54:19.644, while Chaille rounded out the podium with 56:52.323.
2022 AORC J2 Top 5 Provisional Results:
- Mason Phillips 52:56.020
- Marcus Nowland 54:19.644
- James Chaille 56:52.323
- Mitch Ford (Rynopower, Furnikation) 57:02.812
- Jesse Ryan (Guts Racing Aus, Tunetech Suspension) 58:38.292
Stephens remained comfortably in first place through all of today’s racing, leaving a formidable gap of over one minute between him and second place. Stephens finished today with a total time of 49:16.926.
Charlie Connolly pushed hard today and it paid off! He rode into a well deserved second place for Round 1, clocking in a 50:34.692. Rounding out the podium was Mason Boucher (Maben Racing) with a 52:36.898.
2022 AORC J3 Top 5 Provisional Results:
- Levi Stephens (True Painting, KTM Newcastle) 49:16.926
- Charlie Connolly 50:34.692
- Mason Boucher (Maben Racing) 52:36.898
- Ollie Gear (Sinclair Electrical Naracoorte, Limestone Coast Motorcycles) 52:52.550
- Lachlan Metcalf (Simford Motorsports Group, SS Citrus) 53:28.319
Over in J4, Yarnold was a force to be reckoned with. Nothing could stop this absolute demon, who undeniably claimed top dog position in J4. Yarnold finished today’s racing with an impressive near four minute lead, clocking in at 44:59.289.
Rounding out the J4 podium was Davey Gear (Sinclair Electrical Naracoorte, Limestone Coast Motorcycles Naracoorte) and Joshua Coates (TDub Garage), who each finished five laps in a total time of 48:41.978 and 51:44.403.
2022 AORC J4 Top 5 Provisional Results:
- Jett Yarnold (Supermoto New England, Yamaha Australia) 44:59.289
- Davey Gear (Sinclair Electrical Naracoorte, Limestone Coast Motorcycles Naracoorte) 48:41.978
- Joshua Coates (TDub Garage) 51:44.403
- Tate Young 52:10.972
- Jet Brien (Allpower Onsite Auto Electrics) 55:55.568
True to form, our girl McDonald claimed a huge lead ahead of her competition for Round 1, by over 10 minutes! McDonald finished today’s Sprints with a total time of 50:57.026.
Madi Simpson claimed second place with a total time of 1:04:12.812, just ahead of Jade Chellas who clocked in a time of 1:04:42.809.
2022 AORC JG Top 5 Provisional Results:
- Danielle McDonald (Yamaha JGR Ballard’s Off Road team) 50:57.026
- Madi Simpson 1:04:12.812
- Jade Chellis 1:04:42.809
- Carina Robb 1:11:53.545
- Amity Cork 1:12:41.249
In JJ, the competition worked super hard to tackle the Offroad Advantage for this opening round. Coming out on top of Clarke, with a total time of 1:21:59.886.
Rounding out the JJ podium today was Alex Burow and Dylan Diete, each with respective times of 1:50:18.313 and 1:24:48.078 (+1 lap).
2022 AORC JJ Top 5 Provisional Results:
- Cooper Clarke 1:21:59.886
- Alex Burow 1:50:18.313
- Dylan Diete 1:24:48.078 (+1 lap)
- Leo Tripcony 1:35:38.399 (+1 lap)
- Kruz Keegan 1:36:08.388 (+1 lap)
Our Juniors all return tomorrow for another massive day of racing, with Sprints here in Cherrabah, Queensland.
Words by Caitlin Hynes. Images by Troy Pears.