Juniors Brierley, Rudd and Riordan blitz the bLU cRU track at Yamaha AORC
The Juniors excelled on the tight terrain on the bLU cRU test track, as part of the 2017 Yamaha Australian Off-Road Championship (AORC). The young riders showed off their incredible riding ability and skillset to tough out the gullies and rocky terrain that they encountered.
Joshua Brierley further established himself as a star of the future by winning today’s sprint race for the J4 class on his Husqvarna machine. As it stands Brierley is a class above the competition and clearly enjoys the Miva track. He finished with an overall time of 55:48.451.
“Had a great day today in the sprints, came out in top in most of the tests and managed a significant lead by the end of the day. The track was really exciting with heaps of jumps and tight bush. The section along the river with the sand was particularly thrilling.” Brierley said.
Up next was Corey Hammond on a KTM, finishing close to a minute behind with his time of 56:43.568. Brother of the race winner, Mitchell Brierley rounded out the top three positions with his time 57:41.713 on a KTM machine.
Jayden Rudd finished in first position for the J3 class with his time of 59:53.321. The KTM rider backed up his impressive clean sweep at Rawson and looks on course the repeat that result. Up next was Ned Chapman on a Yamaha, he finished with a total time of 1:00:33.594. Matthew Pye on a Husqvarna slotted into a top three position with a 1:01:05.523.
“It was an excellent day today, I really enjoyed the off-camber corners and the track was in absolute prime condition. Looking forward to getting out there tomorrow!” Rudd said.
Will Riordan on his KTM just came out ahead of Kyron Bacon on the KTM after a tight tussle at the top. Bacon with his time of 1:00:29.866 managed to overcome Riordan’s time of 1:00:33.594. Husqvarna mounted Jasper Franklin finished third with his time of 1:05:21.229.
Keep an eye out for tomorrow’s results to see which Juniors rise to the fore!
Provisional Results J4
1. Joshua Brierley – 55:48.451
2. Corey Hammond – 56:43.568
3. Mitchell Brierley – 57:41.713
4. Nathan Howe – 59:00.231
5. Bertinazzi Benjamin – 1:01:00.261
6. Ryan Thompson – 1:01:02.051
7. Riley Nancarrow – 1:01:18.890
8. Connor Gee – 1:01:44.721
9. Tate Plummer – 1:02:49.470
10. Jy Howe – 1:02:51.887
Provisional Results J3
1. Jayden Rudd – 59:53.321
2. Ned Chapman – 1:00:33.594
3. Matthew Pye – 1:01:05.523
4. Tully O’Neil – 1:02:03.026
5. Benjamin Teed – 1:03:30.106
6. Thomas Teed – 1:03:50.144
7. Jared Watson – 1:07:29.777
8. Bailey Nathan – 1:10:37.711
Provisional Results J2
1. Will Riordan – 1:00:29.866
2.Kyron Bacon – 1:00:30.640
3. Jasper Franklin – 1:05:21.229
4. Zac Perry – 1:06:21.003
5. Mackenzie Johnson – 1:08:14.388
6. Dusten O’Neil – 1:08:30.182
7. Levii Read – 1:11:30.203
8. Harry Newbold – 1:12:25.090
9. Benjamin French – 1:14:24.024
10. Yolanda Treasure – 1:14:28.859
Download the MYLAPS app to view live results