Back in Golden Beach, Victoria for Round 2, the Yamaha Australian Off-Road Championship presented by MXstore (AORC) riders faced a jampacked day of Sprints. Over five laps on the WR450F and Ballards MXstore tracks, Sunday awarded Mason Semmens (GASGAS Australia), Todd Waters (Husqvarna Australia) and Daniel Milner (KTM Australia) back-to-back class wins.
Over in EJ and EW however, Blake Hollis (bLU cRU Off Road Team) and Sam Pretscherer (Gol Gol Hotel), as well as Emma Milesevic (Honda Australia) and Emelie Karlsson (Yamaha Motor Australia) tangoed for that coveted gold. In the end though, Pretscherer and Milesevic just couldn’t be beat, leaving Hollis and Karlsson for second place.
Milner also claimed the fastest time overall today, backing up his success from Saturday’s Super Sprints.
Ringing in the 2021 AORC season in style, Semmens used his speed to his advantage. Clocking in a total time of 43:00.227, Semmens was nearly one minute ahead of his class.
In second and third respectively was Kyron Bacon (bLU cRU Off Road Team) and Luke Styke (Shop Yamaha), who brought plenty of the action across all five laps. Pushing onwards out of a tumble halfway through the day, Bacon beat Styke for second by just shy of one second.
“Today was a much better day. I felt like my riding was a lot neater and better overall, so I’m really happy with my results,” explained Semmens.
“The conditions out here in Golden Beach were rough and a tester. The sand was hard on the bike and the body but I’m so happy with how we finished up.”
2021 AORC Round 2 E1 Provisional Top 5 Results:
- Mason Semmens 43:00.227 (GASGAS Australia)
- Kyron Bacon 43:58.470 (bLU cRU Off Road Team)
- Luke Styke 43:59.204 (Shop Yamaha)
- Corey Hammond 45:43.961
- William Price 46:44.332 (Jabiru Rural Fencing)
Waters had his eyes on the prize today, pinning his Husqvarna hard as he pushed for fastest overall time. Clocking in with a total time of 42:40.099, Waters scored the second fastest time today, behind Milner.
Joshua Green (Shop Yamaha) slid comfortably into second place ahead of Michael Driscoll (bLU cRU Off Road Team), each finishing Round 2 with a time of 43:10.988 and 43:45.429 respectively.
2021 AORC Round 2 E2 Provisional Top 5 Results:
- Todd Waters 42:40.099 (Husqvarna Australia)
- Joshua Green 43:10.988 (Shop Yamaha)
- Michael Driscoll 43:45.429 (bLU cRU Off Road Team)
- Jeremy Carpentier 44:05.836 (Ballards MXstore Off-Road Team)
- Stefan Granquist 44:05.836
“There is no stopping him” seems an apt quote to serve in light of Milner’s massive efforts today. Clocking in a total time of 42:10.205 over five laps of the WR405F track, Golden Beach’s tough conditions clearly didn’t faze our AORC Champion.
Sherco mounted Jonte Reynders claimed second place today, finishing Round 2 with a total time of 44:33.014. The third and final podium position was clinched by Thomas McCormack with a total time of 46:22.758.
Thrilled with the consecutive win, Milner gushed that “I picked up where I left off in Round 1!”
“I rode as smooth as I could but unfortunately came unstuck in the second lap. But I kept going and walked away pretty well unscathed. I just worked on riding a smooth line and at the end of the day, I’m happy with the result.
“It’s just good to be back racing. It’s a little bit more nerve-wracking to be honest coming back into it.”
2021 AORC Round 2 E3 Provisional Top 5 Results:
- Daniel Milner 42:10.205 (KTM Australia)
- Jonte Reynders 44:33.014 (Motul Pirelli Sherco Offroad Racing Team)
- Thomas McCormack 46:22.758
- Timothy Lonsdale 47:10.543 (On Point Race Team)
- Hayden Keeley 47:47.181
Coming away with lessons learnt in Round 1, Pretscherer could not be beat in EJ today. Claiming the Round 2 win with a total time of 44:59.625, Pretscherer pushed consistently ahead of Round 1 winner, Blake Hollis who had to settle for second place.
The third and final podium position was won by Kodi Stephens, who finished just over 30 seconds behind Hollis with a total time of 46:15.268.
“The track was really good but super tough, so I’m really happy with today’s results,” explained Pretscherer.
2021 AORC Round 2 EJ Provisional Top 5 Results:
- Samuel Pretscherer 44:59.625 (Gol Gol Hotel)
- Blake Hollis 45:43.573 (bLU cRU Off Road Team)
- Kodi Stephens 46:15.268 (True Painting)
- Riley McGillivray 47:11.544 (Tune Tech Suspension, AJ’s Motorcycles)
- Kobi Wolff 47:45.182 (Westlink Petroleum)
Red goes faster, right? Well, that was definitely the case in EW as Milesevic claimed her first round win for 2021. With a total time of 54:18.937, Milesevic finished just ahead of the field as she pushed across the Ballards MXstore track. Yamaha mounted Karlsson was nipping at her heels, finishing five laps with a total time of 54:36.424.
Reigning Champion, Gardiner rounded out Round 2’s EW podium, just behind Karlsson with a total time of 55:10.532.
2021 AORC Round 2 EW Provisional Top 5 Results:
- Emma Milesevic 54:18.937 (Honda Australia)
- Emelie Karlsson 54:36.424 (Yamaha Motor Australia)
- Jessica Gardiner 55:10.532 (Yamaha MXstore Ballard’s Off-Road Team)
- Danielle Foot 1:00:31.684 (Simford Husqvarna)
- Yolanda Treasure 1:03:50.984
The AORC riders now move north to Kyogle, NSW for Rounds 3 & 4 from 17-18 July. While you wait, stay updated on all news and information by visiting aorc.org.au.