Set against a stunning Golden Beach landscape, Yamaha Australian Off-Road Championship presented by MXstore’s (AORC) EM, EV and 2 Stroke Cup classes absolutely dominated for Round 1. After more than 12-months away from racing, the AORC pits were chomping at the bit to get out there.
With a change from Cross Country to Super Sprint, it was Peter Rudd (Kessner Motorcycles), Mark Grove (Factory Honda Racing) and Harry Teed (Dust Hustle) who took out first place in EM, EV and 2 Stroke Cup respectively.
Peter Rudd came into Golden Beach today and left his competition in the dust [sandy dust] for Round 1. The Super Sprints pushed each bike to its limits and the excitement was high as Brandon Kienhuis (SIMFORD Racing) and Jason Salopayers battled it out for the remaining podium positions.
With just over 12 seconds separating them, Kienhuis finished on top for second place, leaving Salopayers to slide into third.
2021 AORC Round 1 EM Provisional Top 5 Results:
- Peter Rudd 1:05:22.020 (Kessner Motorcycles)
- Brandon Kienhuis 1:06:44.164 (SIMFORD Racing)
- Jason Salopayers 1:06:56.789
- Shane Cook 1:10:38.685
- Loui Stylianou 1:10:55.128
Over two hard fought laps, Grove took out first place at Round 1 here in Golden Beach. With a total time of 58:20.283, Grove finished just ahead of Lee Stephens (True Painting). Stephens rode comfortable into second place with a total time of 58:34.326, leaving third place to be won by Richard Chibnall (Jabiru Rural Fencing, Bolton Motorcycles).
2021 AORC Round 1 EV Provisional Top 5 Results:
- Mark Grove 58:20.283 (Factory Honda Racing)
- Lee Stephens 58:34.326 (True Painting)
- Richard Chibnall 59:43.866 (Jabiru Rural Fencing, Bolton Motorcycles)
- Christopher Thomas 1:00:06.345 (Thomas Lee KTM)
- Rowan Pumpa 1:00:45.934 (Kessner Motorcycles)
2 STROKE CUP
All the action was ready and waiting for you in the 2 Stroke Cup today, as Teed and Nathan Dalbosco battled it out for first place. With just over six seconds between them, it was Teed who scored that coveted top spot.
Dalbosco conceded for second place, clocking in with a total time of 58:08.899. Third place was won by Thomas Livesay, with a total time of 1:04:08.720.
2021 AORC Round 1 E1 Provisional Top 5 Results:
- Harrison Teed 58:02.177 (Dust Hustle)
- Nathan Dalbasco 58:08.899
- Thomas Lovesay 1:04:08.720
- Daniel Wathen 1:04:28.022
- Jake Holland 1:04:44.009
AORC returns to Golden Beach tomorrow for Round 2, with a Sprint racing format.