“Milner Schmilner” couldn’t be heard today as the KTM Enduro Racing Team’s star blitzed a dazzling trail right into an undisputed 2019 E2 Championship title for the Yamaha Australian Off-Road Championship (AORC)! Nestled into pristine conditions in Hedley, Victoria, Round 10 didn’t give our Senior competitor any kind of break, with black sandy conditions presenting new challenges as the race progressed.
Over nine laps across the WR 450F track, our class winners for Round 10 were Lyndon Snodgrass (KTM Enduro Racing Team) for E1, Milner in E2, Daniel “Chucky” Sanders (Husqvarna Enduro Racing Team) in E3 and Mason Semmens (Davey Motorsports KTM) in EJ.
Lyndon Snodgrass snuck through to pick up his third-round win of the 2019 season in the E1 category, beating Luke Styke, which means the E1 title fight will go down to tomorrows final round of the season.
Snodgrass, who fell at the start of the three-hour cross-country race managed to storm his way back through the field, which now sees him having a total of eight top three finishes from ten rounds. His total time – 3:00:02.306 to Styke’s 3:00:04:23.821.
Completing the top three was Fraser Higlett, while Michael Driscoll and Lachlan Allan rounded out the top five.
“Overall, my day went well. Being a cross-country, I was happy because I enjoy longer races, compared to sprints,” confirmed Snodgrass.
“I didn’t get off to the best of starts, as I hit the deck on the first turn. It made my race a bit harder than what I would have liked. However, I kept my cool and charged through the field to get the E1 win!”
2019 AORC E1 Round 10 Top 10 Provisional Results:
- Lyndon Snodgrass (KTM Enduro Racing Team) 3:00:02.306
- Luke Styke (Active8 Yamaha Yamalube) 3:04:23.821
- Fraser Higlett (Husqvarna Enduro Racing Team) 3:05:17.731
- Michael Driscoll (Active8 Yamaha Yamalube) 3:06:16.043
- Lachlan Allan (Kawasaki Castrol Off Road Team) 2:59:59.232 (+1 lap)
- Matthew Zygarlicki 3:05:11.800 (+1 lap)
- Chris Wynd (Cassons Hargo) 3:07:31.755 (+1 lap)
- Ashden Gremlick 3:10:27.277 (+1 lap)
- Lachlan Muir 3:1044.376 (+1 lap)
- Alexander Rudloff (Kawasaki Castrol Off Road Team) 3:13:35.085 (+1 lap)
The man, the myth, the legend. Milner was in a league of his own today, leaving his class rivals in the Hedley mud as he clocked in after nine laps with a total time of 2:53:09.502. With over a nine minute lead, Milner proved once again why he continues to win consecutive Round wins, as well as consecutive National Championship titles, finishing Round 10 with the fastest time for the field.
Second place was scored by Active8 Yamaha Yamalube’s Josh Green, with a total time of 3:02:30.827,
The third and final podium was won by Jeremy Carpentier (Yamaha MX Store Ballards Off Road Team), who finished Round 10 with a total time of 3:07:49.770.
“The day started off pretty rough to be honest. I got off to a good start but then my arms just pumped up really bad and went backwards,” highlighted Milner.
“Once I got through my arm pump issues, I was able to push again. I made the time back up and had a battle on my hands with Chucky, which was fun. From there I just focused on riding my lines and staying consistent and came home with the win.
“I’ve struggled a lot with my injuries, so it’s a nice feeling to finally be able to get another fastest time for the day. It’s definitely a monkey off my back that’s for sure.
“In terms of the Championship win, it’s nice to be able to come back and win another title! This year’s Championship is my third consecutive AORC title, since coming back from America. I’m excited that I haven’t missed any rounds and more excited that I have wrapped up the championship a round early. I can now go into tomorrow without a drama in the world and ride as hard as I like without any pressure.”
2019 AORC E2 Round 10 Top 10 Provisional Results:
- Daniel Milner (KTM Enduro Racing Team) 2:53:09.502
- Josh Green (Active8 Yamaha Yamlube) 3:02:30.827
- Jeremy Carpentier (Yamaha MX Store Ballards Off Road Team) 3:07:49.770
- Stefan Granquist (Yamaha) 3:08:45.811
- Jonte Reynders (Motul Pirelli Sherco Racing Team) 2:55:53.177 (+1 lap)
- Riley Nancarrow (All State Conveyors) 2:55:55:614 (+1 lap)
- Brad Hardaker (Banana Coast Pest) 2:57:16.751 (+1 lap)
- William Price (Kessner KTM) 2:59:36.782 (+1 lap)
- Brent Dean 3:00:15.107 (+1 lap)
- Timothy Lonsdale (Simford 1800 Weld It) 3:01:13.455 (+1 lap)
With the 2019 E3 Championship title already closed off by Chucky, the final weekend of the AORC season has all eyes glued to who will steal away the final two podium positions. With a total time of 2:53:24.753, Chucky comfortably took out the Round 10 class win ahead of Motul Pirelli Sherco Racing Team’s Andy Wilksch, who settled in for second place with a total time of 3:09:22.789.
The third and final podium position today was won by Tom Mason, who many fans will remember from the 2018 season. Mason clocked in a total time of 3:11:59.122.
2019 AORC E3 Round 10 Top 7 Provisional Results:
- Daniel Sanders (Husqvarna Enduro Racing Team) 2:54:24.753
- Andy Wilksch (Motul Pirelli Sherco Racing Team) 3:09:22.789
- Tom Mason 3:11:59.12
- Jesse Lawton (Thor MX) 2:55:07.260 (+1 lap)
- Matt Murry (Castrol Kawasaki Australia) 2:56:38.852 (+1 lap)
- Luke Bunnik (Sherco Australia) 3:07:03.914 (+1 lap)
- Trent Tucci 3:08:36.843 (+1 lap)
Hailing from a Motocross background and a familiar face in the AORC pits, Semmens casually threw the EJ class into disarray today as he landed in first place, just over three minutes ahead of second place, with a total time of 3:08:57.934. Semmens was followed by MX Store KTM’s Kyron Bacon into second place, with a total time of 3:12:07.916.
Rounding out today’s podium was Korey McMahon (KTM Australia), who continues on his impressive campaign to knock Bacon off the leader board, clocking in a total time of 3:15:27.716.
“It was a solid day. I pretty much rode my own race. It paid off in the end as I managed to come home with the win,” explained Semmens.
“The conditions were pretty tough and I struggled with speed, but the track was in good condition and couldn’t get much better! I’m not going to lie but, it was rough and tough.
“To get my first win of the season feels good. It’s my first AORC round since Omeo last year. It’s a good confident booster that’s for sure and really looking forward to going into tomorrow.”
2019 AORC EJ Round 10 Top 10 Provisional Results:
- Mason Semmens (Davey Motorsports KTM) 3:08:57.934
- Kyron Bacon (MX Store, KTM) 3:12:07.916
- Korey McMahon (KTM) 3:15:27.716
- Cooper Sheidow (Kessner Motorcycles) 2:56:07.594 (+1 lap)
- Joshua Brierley 2:57:12.959 (+1 lap)
- Corey Hammond 3:00:15.201 (+1 lap)
- Jayden Rudd (Kessner Motorcycles) 3:05:11.587 (+1 lap)
- Nathan Howe (Bunbury KTM Suzuki) 3:05:26.694 (+1 lap)
- Ethan Maiwald (Bolton Motorcycles) 3:07:58.796 (+1 lap)
- Lochlan Amos 3:11:56.657 (+1 lap)
Our Seniors return again to Hedley’s black sandy terrain tomorrow for the final 2019 round of AORC. With the EJ and E1 Champions yet to be crowned and the remaining podium positions for all classes still up for grabs, this is one round you do not want to miss!
Don’t miss a minute of the action of the 2019 Yamaha Australian Off-Road Championship by visiting the AORC Website at aorc.org.au, or by following the Yamaha AORC on Twitter and Facebook as well as @aorc on Instagram. Don’t forget to download the Official AORC app via Team App. It’s as easy as download Team App and search ‘AORC’!
Images courtesy of John Pearson Media