Today was nothing short of spectacular as our Yamaha Australian Off-Road Championship (AORC) Juniors proved why they will grow into our next world-class stars that will challenge the likes of “the Daniel’s” (Daniel Milner and Daniel Sanders). Screaming across the bLU cRU test track, our Juniors tackled a Sprint racing format today for Round 8.
Coming out victorious was Samuel Pretscherer, Riley McGillivray (AJ’s Motorcycles) and Billy Hargy (Husqvarna) in their respective J4, J3 and J2 classes.
With the absence of Blake Hollis leaving an exciting vacuum for this weekend, all podium positions were up for grabs in the J4 category. Taking out the gold with a total time of 1:07:27.057 was Pretscherer, well ahead of the curve and beating Mackenzie Johnson (Motocity Yamaha) by nearly a minute and 40 seconds.
Johnson clocked in a total time of 1:09:06.084. The podium was rounded out by Charlie Milton in third, with a total time of 1:10:05.828.
2019 AORC Round 8 J4 Top 10 Provisional Results:
- Samuel Pretscherer 1:07:27.057
- Mackenzie Johnson (Motocity Yamaha) 1:09:06.084
- Charlie Milton 1:10:05.828
- Oscar Collins 1:10:57.901
- Zac Crafter 1:11:08.430
- Kobe Conley (City Bike Centre) 1:11:23.734
- Jack Lydford (Franke Spice Yamaha) 1:14:04.159
- Mitchell Stanway 1:15:39.080
- Jordan Starick 1:17:24.589
- Alex Krieg 1:18:25.680
He’s making tracks, all the way Toowoomba, to Dungog, Kyogle, Broken Hill and now to Coonalpyn. McGillivray is a man on a mission as he edges ever closer to a 2019 J3 AORC Championship title. McGillivray rode right into first place today with a total time of 1:09:56.912, ahead of Kodi Stephens, who settled in for second place with a total time of 1:10:16.985.
The third and final podium position was awarded to William Dennett, who finished Round 8 with a total time of 1:11:06.009.
2019 AORC Round 8 J3 Top 10 Provisional Results:
- Riley McGillivray (AJ’s Motorcycles) 1:09:56.912
- Kodi Stephens 1:10:16.985
- William Dennett 1:11:06.009
- Alexander Head 1:13:41.249
- Taj Gow-Smith 1:13:46.475
- Clay Burnett 1:13:55.876
- Jack Bithell 1:14:56.301
- Maxwell Liebeknecht 1:15:01.407
- Thomas Foster 1:17:38.222
- Lachlan Schultz 1:19:03.208
Hargy by name, hardy by nature. Taking out first place today in J2, Hargy was unstoppable, clocking in a total time of 1:12:51.056. Hargy was followed into second place by Max Phillips (T&K Phillips Transport), who finished Round 8’s six laps with a time of 1:13:46.213.
Third place was awarded to Campbell Hall, who crossed his sixth and final lap with a total time of 1:14:29.306.
2019 AORC Round 8 J2 Top 10 Provisional Results:
- Billy Hargy (Husqvarna) 1:21:51.056
- Max Phillips (T&K Phillips Transport) 1:13:46.213
- Campbell Hall 1:14:29.306
- Luke Chellas (Northbound Driver Training) 1:15:20.573
- Oliver Pitchford 1:19:45.212
- Thomas Vance (501 Motorsport) 1:20:36.134
- William Vella 1:22:35.665
- Max Midwinter 1:22:47.359
- Max Mensforth (Craig Mills Construction) 1:25:14.371
- Jet Brien (Allpower Onsite Auto Elec) 1:26:55.010
Our Juniors return tomorrow for Round 9 of the 2019 AORC season in Coonalpyn. They will move now to the OffRoad Advantage test track and tackle more sandy, hard packed conditions.
Don’t miss a minute of the action of the 2019 Yamaha Australian Off-Road Championship by visiting the AORC Website at aorc.org.au, or by following the Yamaha AORC on Twitter and Facebook as well as @aorc on Instagram. Don’t forget to download the Official AORC app via Team App. It’s as easy as download Team App and search ‘AORC’!
Images courtesy of John Pearson Media