Semmens Throws E1 Spanner Whilst Milner, Chucky and McMahon Enjoy Back-To-Back Wins
With rainfall overnight, our Seniors woke up to a rejuvenated Ballards MXstore Test Track today for Round 2 of the 2020 Yamaha Australian Off-Road Championship presented by MXstore (AORC). Across six tests, Daniel Milner (KTM Enduro Racing Team), Daniel “Chucky” Sanders (Husqvarna Enduro Racing Team) and Korey McMahon (Sutto’s Motorex KTM Racing Team) held onto their respective class leads, whilst new-comer Mason Semmens (KTM Enduro Racing Team) knocked Luke Styke (Yamaha Active8 Yamalube) off his E1 perch.
Whatever Semmens took away from Round 1 yesterday, he came in swinging for Round 2 and arrived comfortably in first place. Close behind and finishing in second was Kyron Bacon (MXstore, Yamaha), who appears to have settled back into the pace of things, clocking in at a total of 1:04:04.410.
Styke climbed up through the ranks, settling in for third place today with a time of 1:04:31.397.
“I had a really good day, and weekend, here for AORC in Toowoomba. I’m really grateful to my sponsors for all their help to get me here and we learnt over the course of the weekend,” explained Semmens.
2020 AORC Round 2 E1 Top 7 Provisional Results:
- Mason Semmens (KTM Enduro Racing Team) 1:02:17.803
- Kyron Bacon (MXstore, Yamaha) 1:04:04.410
- Luke Styke (Yamaha Active8 Yamalube) 1:04:31.397
- Corey Hammond 1:05:24.557
- Joshua Kilvington 1:08:13.354
- Lachlan Allan (Kawasaki Motors Australia Valvoline Team) 1:08:38.668
- Kyle Nielsen 1:12:50.154
Bruised and a little bit battered after yesterday’s crash, Milner never appeared to slow down as he charged ahead to a total time of 59:40.014, scoring back-to-back first place wins for E2 and the fastest time overall for Round 2.
Behind Milner and rustling up the feathers of the E2 line-up was Todd Waters (Berry Sweet, Husqvarna), who once again took out second place with a total time of 1:01:23.801.
Rounding out the E2 podium was Yamaha Active8 Yamalube’s Josh Green, ahead of Yamaha bLU cRU Off-Road Racing Team’s Michael Driscoll, with a total time for the day of 1:01:32.312.
Reflecting on his first AORC experience, Waters highlighted that “it was a great weekend here in Toowoomba. I had hoped I would be able to bring it to the big boys before arriving and after yesterday, I’m stoked to know that I am!
“Over the next month I just need to work on me and the bike so I can go into next round as prepared as I can be.”
2020 AORC Round 2 E2 Top 10 Provisional Results:
- Daniel Milner (KTM Enduro Racing Team) 59:40.014
- Todd Waters (Berry Sweet, Husqvarna) 1:01:23.801
- Josh Green (Yamaha Active8 Yamalube) 1:01:32.312
- Michael Driscoll (Yamaha bLU cRU Offroad Racing Team) 1:02:07.178
- Stefan Granquist (Yamaha) 1:02:55.064
- Jeremy Carpentier (Yamaha MXstore Ballards Offroad Team) 1:03:44.189
- Beau Ralston (Hunter Valley Motorsports, Kawasaki) 1:04:06.337
- Cooper Sheidow (Kessner Motorcycles, KTM) 1:05:01.146
- William Price (Kessner KTM, Thor) 1:06:00.818
- Brock Nichols 1:06:06.881
You wanted Chucky and you got him this weekend and he stole away back-to-back E3 wins, with a total time of 1:00:34.390.
Chucky was followed by Motul Pirelli Sherco Offroad Racing Team’s Jonte Reynders and Callum Norton (KTM Desert Racing Team) by respective total times of 1:02:39.430, and 1:03:05.077.
“Today definitely fared better than yesterday,” explained Chucky.
“I haven’t been putting manyh hours into high-speed straights during the off-season so yesterday’s test really got me. But it proves that I need to take the next month to spend more time on the bike and come out swinging at Dungog.”
2020 AORC Round 2 E3 Top 10 Provisional Results:
- Daniel Sanders (Husqvarna Enduro Racing Team) 1:00:34.390
- Jonte Reynders (Motul Pirelli Sherco Offroad Racing Team) 1:02:39.430
- Callum Norton (KTM Desert Racing Team) 1:03:05.077
- Fraser Higlett (MXstore, Husqvarna) 1:04:02.829
- Jesse Lawton (Thor) 1:04:56.689
- Hayden Keeley 1:06:28.246
- Neil Collard 1:08:18.309
- Luke Bunnik (Sherco Australia, Bunnik Construction & Limestone) 1:09:47.512
- Matt Murry 1:10:02.167
- Chris Reading 1:10:43.596
Like yesterday, it was a battle up front of the pack between McMahon and Blake Hollis (Yamaha bLU cRU Offroad Racing Team) but true to form McMahon pulled through to take first place, with a total time of 1:04:44.641. Hollis slid into second with a total time of 1:04:50.664, ahead of Pretscherer who won third with a total time of 1:06:54.289.
AORC Round 2 EJ Top 10 Provisional Results:
- Korey McMahon (Sutto’s Motorex KTM Racing Team)1:04:44.641
- Blake Hollis (Yamaha bL U cRU Offroad Racing Team) 1:04:50.664
- Sam Pretscherer (Gol Gol Hotel, Mototech) 1:06:54.289
- Ben Teed 1:09:12.403
- Lewis Martin (Thomas Lee Motorcycles) 1:10:06.015
- Tom Teed 1:10:24.734
- Jayden Rudd (Kessner Motorcycles, AutoWired) 1:10:52.056
- Kobe Conley (Fist Handwear, City Bike Centre) 1:12:04.677
- Oscar Collins (Jeff Collins Plumbing) 1:12:10.293
- Jack Conlan 1:13:30.931
That’s a wrap here in Toowoomba, Queensland for Round 1 & 2 of the 2020 AORC season. Next we head to Dungog, New South Wales for Round 3 & 4 on March 14-15. Further information on the next rounds can be accessed here.
Stay up to date with all the happenings of the 2020 Yamaha Australian Off-Road Championship by visiting the AORC website at www.aorc.org.au , Facebook or @aorc on Instagram. Don’t forget to download the Official AORC app via Team App. It’s as easy as download Team App and search ‘AORC’!
Images courtesy of Troy Pears.