The Vets, Masters and Womens classes took to the track for a cross-country format race for the Yamaha Australian Off-Road Championship (AORC). With the track in great condition, all three classes managed the pace exceptionally well and put on a show for the spectators.
The over 45’s class had 34 competitors making up the Masters class. The Masters class allow machines of any capacity. it was Derek Grundy to finish top with a total time of 1:56:24.568 for the DSR Motul/Perelli Sherco Off Road Racing Team. Derek posted a best lap time of 19:08.317. Approximately six minutes behind was KTM rider Michael Widdison with a total time of 2:02:34.808. Third position belonged to Wayne Vanderberg on his KTM with his total time of 2:05:16.420. It’s great to see the Masters duking it out with the sport they are so passionate about.
For the Womens championship it would be Yamaha rider Jemma Wilson to take first place with a total time of 1:55:33.675. Coming up in second place was Emelie Karlsson on her Yamaha who took 1:56:50.454 to finish the six laps. Rounding out the top three for the Womens was Sophie Coldicutt on a Yamaha. Coldicutt finished with a total time of 2:00:33.839. Wilson will be looking to back up her phenomenal performance in the sprint races tomorrow.
The Vets showcased Jade Gartlan on a TM EN 300 in first position for the Vets class with a total lap time of 3:09:17.921. Up next was David Murray on a Husaberg, with his total time of 3:09:55.596. David Moody finished in third position with a total time of 3:10:35.737 on a Yamaha.
- Derek Grundy – 1:56:24.568 6laps
- Michael Widdison – 2:02:34.808 6 Laps
- Wayne Vandenberg – 2:05:48.892 6 Laps
- Rob Mystek – 2:07:48.783 6 Laps
- Andrew Bespalov – 2:07.48.783 6 Laps
- Craig Treasure – 2:09:41.994 6 Laps
- Peter Schaper – 2:10:10.097 6 Laps
- Robert Barton – 2:10:15.231 6 Laps
- Ray Scott – 2:11:41.448 6 Laps
- 10. Ken Burt – 2:11:51.653 6 Laps
- Jemma Wilson – 1:55:33.675 (6 Laps)
- Emelie Karlsson – 1:56:50.454 (6 Laps)
- Sophie Coldicutt – 2:00:33.839 (6 Laps)
- Tegan Hall – 2:05:44.264 (6 Laps)
- Emma Broadbent – 2:08:01.982 (6 Laps)
- Kate Norman – 2:00:17.729 (5 Laps)
- Angela Scott – 2:12:56.669 (5 Laps)
- Stacey Thompson – 2:13:56.509 (5 Laps)
- Jade Gartlan – 3:09:17.921 (6 laps)
- David Murray – 3:09:55.596 6 Laps
- David Moody – 3:10:35.737 6 Laps
- Con Privitera – 3:12:05:201 6 Laps
- Lou Stylianou – 3:14:05.138 6 Laps
- Scott Szabo – 3:15:29.122 6 Laps
- Dave Jongebloed – 2:57:45.590 6 Laps
- Glenn Stiles – 3:02:11.475 Laps
- Anthony Greene – 2:56:58.334
- 10.Trevor Duncan – 3:05:03.434
Image courtesy of John Pearson Media
Don’t forget to check out the AORC’s new website at aorc.org.au.
Download the MYLAPS app to view live results
Stay up to date with all the happenings of the 2017 Yamaha Australian Off-Road Championship by visiting the brand new AORC website at www.aorc.org.au! or by following the AORC on Twitter and Facebook as well as @aorc on Instagram.